- Both Changoi and Lelsa tea farms helped to build 18 green leaf sheds in various locations off the farm. The constructed sheds have helped to facilitate leaf handling and maintain leaf quality from out growers.
- The farm helped to repair the Chebarema/Kapsiara roads, which has helped to improve not only the road transport for the local communities, but also ensured the smooth transportation of green leaf to the factories.
- Donations of bursaries and desks & chairs were made to the Kabitungu, Tiriita Secondary Schools. The bursary in particular has enabled a student to complete their 4th year of study at Kenyatta University. Williamson's feel that it is important that, where possible, opportunities to finish higher education by members of the farms workers are secured.
- To help with reforestation projects indigenous tree seedlings were donated to farmers and surrounding communities. These natural trees will help to provide wildlife habitats going forward.
- As part of a community project the market at Kimulot has been wall fenced all round and wash facilities constructed inside the market. This project remains ongoing and once completed will be commissioned.
|Summary of CHANGOI CSR Activities 2011/2012|
|Construction of 18 Green leaf weighment sheds for farmers||1,989,637.57|
|Repair of roads-Chebarema/Kapsiara roads||213,000.00|
|Desks & Chairs -75 pieces to Kabitungu,Tiriita Sec.Schools.||290,231.52|
|Donation of Indigenous Tree Seedlings to farmers and surrounding communities.||39,000.00|
- Construction of a classroom at Mogoiywa Primary School. This school is less than 100m away from Kaimosi and the CSR committee nominated it to benefit from last years CSR funds as a number of the farm worker's children learn at the school.
|Summary of KAIMOSI CSR Activities 2011/2012|
|Construction of classroom at Mogoiywa Primary School||422,717.00|
|Construction of 18 green leaf sheds||78,673.00|
- Funds were granted to help with the construction of the Kaputi water project, where a new 25m water tank and weir were erected.
- The Sirua Secondary school was officially handed to the community in March 2012
|Summary of KAPCHROUA CSR Activities 2011/2012|
|Kaputi Water Project||456,800.00|
- Donations were made to the Kimatkei primary school and bursaries were made to needy students.
- The farm helped to improve the Maraba-Romorio access road.
- The out growers tea nursery was subsidised to aid in the provision of new tea bushes for the farmers.
|Summary of Tinderet CSR ACTIVITIES 2011/2012|
|Nandi Bears-Ladies Open Tournament||5,000.00|
|Bursaries to needy students||25,000.00|
|Songhor police station-Pump repair||11,533.58|
|Kipyaor Small Holders Greenleaf Shed||27,801.00|
|800 lts Diesel-Maraba-Romorio Access Road||100,000.00|
|Smallholders Tea Nursery||1,292,096.25|
|Kibugat Smallholders Greenleaf Shed||50,852.65|